Slideout rangehoods offer a space-saving and versatile solution for kitchens, providing effective extraction while remaining discreet when not used. The brand and features are important factors when selecting the right slideout rangehood for your kitchen. Here are some popular brands of slideout rangehoods:
- Artusi: An Italian brand known for its quality construction and efficient extraction performance.
- Technika: An Australian brand that offers powerful extraction and modern designs.
- Westinghouse: A trusted brand that combines functionality with style.
- Ilve: An internationally recognized brand known for high-quality construction and stylish designs.
- Electrolux: A reputable brand offering sleek designs and efficient extraction.
- Smeg: An Italian brand renowned for its stylish slideout rangehoods and excellent extraction performance.
When selecting a slideout rangehood, consider the following factors:
Choose a slideout rangehood size that matches your cooktop's or stovetop's width. Common sizes include 600mm and 900mm to provide adequate coverage.
Consider the extraction power of the slideout rangehood, measured in cubic meters per hour (m³/h). Higher extraction power effectively removes cooking odours, smoke, and airborne grease from your kitchen.
Check the noise levels of the slideout rangehood, typically measured in decibels (dB). Look for models with lower noise levels for a quieter cooking experience.
What are the benefits of a slideout rangehood?
Slideout rangehoods offer several benefits, including efficient extraction of cooking odours, smoke, and airborne grease, improved air quality, space-saving design, and blending seamlessly with kitchen cabinetry.
How does a slideout rangehood work?
Slideout rangehoods are designed to be discreet when not in use and can be extended or slid out during cooking to effectively extract odours and grease. The extraction process works similarly to other range hood types, drawing in the air through filters and expelling it outside or recirculating it back into the kitchen.
Can I install a slideout rangehood myself?
It is recommended to have a licensed professional install a slideout rangehood to ensure proper installation, compliance with local building codes, and safe operation. Professional installation will also ensure the rangehood is correctly vented and secured.
How do I clean and maintain a slideout rangehood?
To clean and maintain a slideout rangehood, follow these steps:
- Regularly clean or replace the rangehood filters according to the manufacturer's instructions to ensure optimal performance.
- Wipe down the exterior surfaces of the rangehood with a damp cloth and mild detergent to remove any grease or dirt buildup.
- Clean the grease trap and other removable parts using warm soapy water or a non-abrasive cleaner.
- Ensure the sliding mechanism is free of debris or obstructions hindering smooth operation.
Can I install a slideout rangehood without ducting?
Slideout rangehoods are typically designed to be vented outside the house for optimal extraction performance. However, some models may offer the option of recirculating the air back into the kitchen using carbon filters. Venturing the rangehood outside whenever possible is recommended for better odour and grease removal.
What are the energy requirements for a slideout rangehood?
Slideout rangehoods are typically powered by electricity. The energy consumption of a rangehood varies depending on its extraction power and usage. It's important to check the energy efficiency rating of the rangehood to ensure it aligns with your energy-saving goals.
Can I adjust the extraction speed of a slideout rangehood?
Yes, most slideout rangehoods come with multiple extraction speed settings, allowing you to adjust the extraction power based on your cooking needs. Higher extraction speeds suit more intense cooking, while lower speeds can be used for lighter cooking tasks.Following these cleaning and maintenance tips and considering the information provided, you can enjoy the benefits of a clean and efficient slideout rangehood in your kitchen.